Travels

Wednesday 29 March 2017

THE 'INCONSEQUENTIAL' 22 MONTHS IN OFFICE

Hmmmm! One hungry youth with doubtful origin, out of his miscreancy and nincompoopery, has requested me to stop airing my views on matters concerning my state and community. I have no choice but to pardon his idiocy. I cannot rightly be angry with a mad man because he's mad. It's his fate. The truth is that I do not write to please anybody but to state the truth simpliciter. If my writing makes a person sad, that's even better because it could have the positive potentiality of spurring him to action - to do good, not to engage in my vain pursuit, ALTHOUGH I DO NOT CARE EITHER.
Some people expect me to wink when I should talk or tell a non-performer, as somebody did, that he "has vindicated and made himself distinguished in the area of human infrastructural development." Rubbish! I'm no idiot to make such arrantly stupid statement. Only favour seekers, who trust in men rather than God, could say so. Except you tell an ugly person that he's ugly, he'll come out in the next (assumed) world looking worse than the worst monster. No matter how close a person is to me, I'll not waste time in making my mind known if he or she is non-performing or non-performed in office.
Ok, now I go to the consequentiality or otherwise of 22 months in office. Buhari and all the state governors are 22 months in office today. I've been severally told in times past that my townsman who was governor of oil-rich Abia State left the state and his community far worse than he met them (the case with Buhari today) because 22 months in office are inconsequential and give the occupier of the office no time to perform. Hmmmm! Na so?
While the present Ebonyi governor, Engineer Dave Umahi, was being inaugurated on 29th May, 2015, I decided to keep tabs on his administration to determine how consequential or inconsequential 22 months in office could be, and to say something on the matter, notwithstanding that somebody had told me that I can't use Ebonyi State to make a fair assessment. Ebonyi, we all know is not an oil-producing state. Ebonyi, we all know is one of the least Federal allocation-receiving states. But I must use Ebonyi State to consider how consequential or inconsequential 22 months in office could be. I've seen and heard some things that have been done in the state to guide me. In 22 months, we have seen roads started, some completed and others ongoing. I've also seen other ongoing projects. I've also seen Street lights. I've also seen workers not only paid but also paid 13th month salaries. I'm, however, not unaware that the workers want increased pay. With Dave, I now know that we had previously been fed with lies, that 22 months cannot rightly be said to be inconsequential as a lot, indeed so much, could indeed be achieved within the period. So, I'm now much more reinforced in my conviction that my other brother, who lasted only 22 months in office as governor of Abia State, had no reason for non-performing, except to say that upon assumption of office then, he developed a hallucinating ambition to become the President of Nigeria. Just like that!
Now, let me go to another issue. Let me confess that I'm so concerned about the development of Ebonyi State. I'm interested in a fast track development of the state. The likes of one rotten Oruonye Chioma Mercy could not have talk down on the people of Ebonyi State and stupidly describe them as beggars if had always taken the issue of the development of the state serious.
I learnt that Dr Ogbonnaya Onu wants to build a skill acquisition centre in Ebonyi State. In the letter he allegedly wrote to the governor of Ebonyi State, he was, however, silent on and never requested or prayed for land allocation to be made by the government for the project. He also never said where he wants to build it. As a 'wise man' that he is, he refused to indicate where he wants to build it, because he wants to tell the rest of the state tomorrow that Governor Umahi diverted the project to his village. He has, however, told his small clique of Uburu people that the centre has been earmarked for Uburu. Assuming that he wants to build it in Uburu, why a skill acquisition centre? What about the one attracted by Hon. Darlington Okereke and built around the Ebotrans junction in Uburu? What has happened or is going to happen to it? Why can he not use his position in government to get it to start functioning, while he gives Uburu people something else, something better. Those who are close to our brother, Onu, should tell him to make haste while the sun shines. Enough of grandstanding. There's something called Federal might; it's not just about unfair manipulations. He's being too dull, and merely grandstanding. Onu should use his position to truly help Ndi-Ebonyi.

No comments:

Featured post

Money found in Okezie territory in abia state

 Breaking  News: Efcc Discovered 800 Million Dollars Cash Stack At The Home Of Former Abia State Govern Okezie Ikpeazu  Some EFCC officials ...

Ads

Sp